Need some awe? Go outside. Looking for inspiration? Go outside. Need comfort? Go outside. Feeling overwhelmed or underwhelmed? Go outside.
Mother Nature will embrace us. All we need is to go to her. Inspiration comes in so many natural forms. We can seek out our favorite times and places in nature. Yet, her beauty and power will also seek us out. She will remind us to breathe, to heal, to listen, to see, to pay attention.
Nature inspires us in:
1. A sunset – when you know that you made it through the day
2. A sunrise/dawn – when a new day opens with new opportunities
3. The ocean – we see how vast is the world and equally vast our experiences in it
4. Light streaming through the clouds – looking like the hand of God reaching out and shining upon us
5. The wind – giving play and power to get our attention
6. A meadow – all that diversity of life co-existing in harmony
7. A waterfall – how mighty is the water and how cleansing are our tears
8. Warmth of the sun – the great equalizer that shines the same on us all
9. Spring – re-birth and joy, just joy!
10. Fall – changes comes from letting go
So when we are not feeling the inspiration around us. When we need some restoration, healing, or peace. Nature befriends us. In good times and bad. Through sickness and health. Richer or poorer. It’s a come as you are party. The best kind. Just be.
*This post is dedicated to my sister who appreciates nature and lives as much as possible outside.